2023 GOLF ADVISORY COUNCIL SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Introduction: During the period beginning at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“PST”), February 1, 2023 and ending at 11:59 p.m. EST, April 30, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”) Golf Advisory Council will offer a St. Andrews Sweepstakes. For purposes of these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes and other Sweepstakes individually and collectively are referred to as the “2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes.” These Official Rules and the individual Sweepstakes information section for each Sweepstakes together constitute the full Official Rules for the program and are subject to the Golf Advisory Council Rules with a link at the bottom of the Sweepstakes landing page. The Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for each 2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Each 2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding New York, Florida, or Rhode Island, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (unless a different age or residency requirement is specified in the details governing any individual Sweepstakes). Employees and non-employee workers of Golf Advisory Council, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, and those prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of the applicable individual 2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes or any of its materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such ineligible person are not eligible. Each 2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
3. Sweepstakes Sponsor: AndrewsSweepstakes is sponsored by Golf Advisory Council, Hole Out Golf Shop, Match Play TV with Ray Adams, and Dogleg News.
4. Administrator: Winners are drawn randomly on www.random.org.
5. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in any of the 2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the 2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes.
6. How to Enter: During any Individual Sweepstakes Period, there are multiple places to enter the Sweepstakes. The list in the Official Rules may change periodically in regards to the places where an entrant can enter the Sweepstakes. The list includes www.golfadvisorycouncil.com, www.woobox.com/iphzwm, email campaigns from any of our partners, www.facebook.com/holeoutgolfshop, and affiliates of Golf
Advisory Council. Bonus entries may be available after entering The Sweepstakes.
ALL BONUS ENTRIES WILL EXPIRE WHEN THE INDIVIDUAL SWEEPSTAKES WHERE THE BONUS ENTRIES WERE CREDITED TO EXPIRES.
ENTRIES WERE CREDITED TO EXPIRES.
7. For All Entries: Limit: Each participant may submit up to 1 entry per calendar day across all individual 2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes by any method or combination of methods of entry, with a maximum limit of 1 entry per action per calendar day. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different Accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified from the 2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes and any of the Sponsor’s other promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that entrant. If a participant does not provide a physical address when required, or if his or her email address is deemed to be invalid, Sponsor reserves the right not to invalidate the entry, in its sole discretion.
8. Drawings: On or about May 1, 2023, the Administrator will select the potential winner for the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes in a random drawing
through www.random.org from all eligible entries received for that Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone. The odds of winning a particular prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable individual Sweepstakes.
9. Requirements of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with the Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner of a prize valued at $600 or greater (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return, within 5 days of the date notice is given (unless otherwise indicated by Administrator), a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (the “Declaration”) (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize and fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond, or fails to sign and return the Declaration (if applicable) within the required time period, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner of a prize valued at more than $25 is disqualified for any reason, Administrator may select an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates, if time permits. If all potential alternate winners are disqualified for a prize, no further drawings will take place and that prize will not be awarded. Unclaimed prizes valued at $25 or less will not be awarded. Golf Advisory Council will attempt 5 times (once per day for 5 straight days) to reach the winner. If the winner does not reply to any of the 5 emails that are sent to the email address the winner used to enter the Sweepstakes, Golf Advisory Council will pick a new winner from the same entry list via www.random.org. We will give the potential winner 24 hours to reply to the 5th email attempt before we move forward with picking another potential winner.
10. Individual Sweepstakes: The Sweepstakes, starting, ending, postmarked/received by, and drawing dates/times, the prize descriptions, age requirements (if they differ from standard 13), other requirements that differ from standard requirements and other information for each individual Sweepstakes are set forth in the details of each individual 2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes. Prizes consist only of those items and/or services specifically described as part of the prize. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor, applicable prize providers and their respective designees to use entrant’s first and last name, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence, and any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to any prize or entrant’s Sweepstakes experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
12. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, human error, virus or other technical problems, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) modify the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules without suspending it; (b)
suspend the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) cancel the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any
individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, from participation in the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes or any other promotions sponsored by Golf Advisory Council. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of any part of
the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullpst extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Golf Advisory Council, Inc., their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, providers and their respective agents and agencies, officers, directors, and employees (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause
of action arising out of participation in the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, cellular, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail or email; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or
in part, from entrant’s participation in the 2023 Golf Advisory Council Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and any and all rights to have damages
multiplied or otherwise increased. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes has been discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received
up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes for any individual Sweepstakes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in any individual Sweepstakes to be claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
14. Disputes: The laws of the State of Indiana will govern the interpretation, validity and effect of this Agreement without regard to principles of conflicts of law, the place of execution or the place for performance thereof. Except as otherwise provided in the Official Rules, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Official Rules or the breach thereof shall be settled by arbitration administered by Judicial Arbitration and
Mediation Services (“JAMS”) in its Indianapolis County office. Each of the Parties reserves the right to file with a court of competent jurisdiction an application for temporary or preliminary injunctive relief, writ of attachment, writ of possession, temporary protective order and/or appointment of a receiver on the grounds that the arbitration award to which either party may be entitled may be rendered ineffectual in the absence of such relief. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The award of the arbitrator shall be binding, final, and non-appealable. The Parties may obtain discovery in aid of the arbitration to the fullest extent permitted under law, including California Code of Civil Procedure Section 1283.05. All discovery disputes shall be resolved by the arbitrator. The costs of the arbitration, including any JAMS administration fee, and arbitrator’s fee, and costs of the use of facilities during the hearings, shall be borne equally by the Parties. Reasonable attorney’s fees and costs shall be awarded to the prevailing party.
15. Prize: The prize of the 2023 St. Andrews Sweepstakes will include 6 nights hotel in Fife, Scotland, 6 days of unlimited golf at St. Andrews, transfer to/from Edinburgh Airport and the hotel, $1,000 maximum airfare credit for the winner and their guest, and a prize pack (TBD) from our individual sponsors. Not every sponsor will provide product for the prize pack. The specific hotel is TBD. Andrews has 7 golf courses. The 3-day
unlimited ticket includes golf at 6 of those golf courses. The Old Course is not included in the 3-day unlimited ticket. The winner and their guest will receive two (2) 3-day unlimited tickets to St. Andrews. If the winner or their guest’s airfare is less than $1,000, they will not receive the difference in any form. The winner and guest will be handed an airfare reimbursement check up to $1,000 per person directly from The Golf Advisory Council upon arrival in Scotland. If for any reason, the winner and their guest cannot make it to the trip, they will forfeit the prize. The prize has no cash value and they will no be awarded another prize or cash in lieu of the prize. The trip will take place from August 22, 2023 – August 28, 2023. The Golf Advisory Council will need to see air travel confirmation from the winner and guest by June 30, 2023, or the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen.